Normandy, Brittany and the Loire Valley (Preview 2018)
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Rouen: See the Cathedral and Place du Vieux-Marché where Joan of Arc was burned at the stake.
- Normandy Coast: See the remains of the artificial Mulberry Harbour at Arromanches and drive along the D-Day landing beaches.
- St Malo: Walk along the fortifications and narrow streets.
- Loire Valley: See the imposing Châteaux of Saumur, Angers and Ussé.
- Paris: Enjoy a sightseeing tour of the French capital seeing the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame Cathedral, Louvre, Place de la Concorde and Arc de Triomphe.
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
- Saumur: Fun and informative, discuss the grape varieties and local terroir while sampling wines of the Loire Valley.
- Loire Valley: Your château hotel enjoys a high standard of creative cuisine and is featured in many prestigious food guides. Experience it for yourself with an elegant Celebration Dinner and wine.
- Bayeux: The tapestry is actually a 70m long embroidery that tells the story of the Battle of Hastings in 1066. Look out for King Harold with an arrow in his eye!
- Mont-St-Michel: Savour your first sight of the fortified island of Mont-St-Michel. Cross the causeway for a guided tour through the maze of halls and vaults of the massive abbey.
- Château d'Ussé: Visit the fairytale castle, Charles Perrault's inspiration for his tale 'Sleeping Beauty'.
- Villandry: Beside the Cher River stands Villandry Castle, surrounded by France's finest formal gardens.
- Chartres: Inside magnificent Chartres Cathedral, marvel at the stained-glass windows, a riot of rich blues and reds, justly considered the finest medieval glass in France.
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
- Le Nouveau Monde in St-Malo: Le Nouveau Monde is a 4-star hotel, ideally located in the heart of St-Malo, facing the sea and close to the old town.
- Château de Rochecotte: Stay two fabulous nights at this sumptuous château in the Loire Valley, the former private estate of Prince Tallyrand and the Duchess of Dino. Sit with a drink on the terrace and enjoy the beautiful setting or take a stroll through the magnificent gardens.