Best of Italy end Naples (Summer 2017)
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Rome: Enjoy a private guided visit to St. Peter's Basilica.
- Assisi: See the Church of St. Mary of the Angels.
- Venice: Cruise to St. Mark's Square by private launch. See St. Mark's Basilica, bell tower, clock tower, Doges' Palace and Bridge of Sighs.
- Pisa: See the Cathedral, Baptistery and ‘Leaning Tower'.
- Florence: During your guided walking tour, see the Cathedral, belltower, ‘Gates of Paradise' on the Baptistery and visit Signoria Square. Witness a leather-work demonstration.
- Sorrento: Demonstration of ‘Intarsio' inlay woodworking.
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
- Florence: With a Local Expert, learn what to look for in a local vino rosso and what foods to pair it with - useful information when ordering Florentine cuisine.
- Sorrento: Enjoy a glorious Celebration Dinner of fresh, rustic dishes served with local wine.
- 9 Buffet Breakfasts (BB); plus 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 3 three-course table d’hôte Dinner (DW) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) all with wine, plus tea or coffee. Departures on tour for Christmas and New Year's Eve enjoy a festive Highlight Dinner.
- Rome: Gain VIP fast-track entrance into the Vatican Museums and enjoy a special private viewing of the Bramante Stairs before being confronted by the genius of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel.
- Rome: Sightsee the local way with a leisurely passeggiata through the backstreets, where a friend in Rome will explain how modern life takes place around ancient treasures.
- Florence: Gain a fascinating insight into the work of Michelangelo's masterpiece statue, David, with a Renaissance art expert during your visit to the Accademia Museum.
- Venice: Enjoy a traditional gondola for a serenade through the romantic canals.
- Assisi: Find out why the Basilica of St. Francis is considered one of the crowning achievements of medieval Europe with a Local Expert.
- Isle of Capri: Cruise to this famous isle to meet your Local Expert. In unique style, ascend by open-top taxi and return to the port by funicular.
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
- Assisi: The Giotto is located in the centre of the medieval village of Assisi with beautiful views over the Umbrian countryside. Guest rooms are decorated in local Umbrian style.
- Sorrento: Even though it is situated in the centre of the city, Hotel Michelangel is a tranquil oasis. The hotel structure has been developed around an ancient tower, dating back to the seventh century.