Country Roads of Umbria and Tuscany (Summer 2018)
Additional Included Highlights
- Rome: Visit St Peter's Basilica with your Local Expert. See other medieval buildings, Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered through the city.
- Siena: Learn about the Palio horse race while standing in the Campo. See the 14th century Town Hall.
- San Gimignano: Explore the many-towered medieval town with its serpentine streets and hidden squares.
- Florence: Enjoy panoramic views over the city from Piazza Michelangelo
- Venice: Cruise to St Mark’s Square by private launch to see St Mark’s Basilica, the bell tower and clock tower, Doge's Palace and Bridge of Sighs.
Top Rated Highlights
- Vatican City: Enjoy a special private viewing of the Bramante Staircase, normally closed to the public.
- Perugia: Join a Local Expert to navigate the underground labyrinth of little streets, alleys and arches. Promenade the wide Corso Vannucci, resplendent in pale pink stone, past the princely Priors' Palace, cathedral and finely sculptured Great Fountain in the main square.
- Assisi: A Local Expert will explain why the Basilica of St. Francis is considered one of the crowning achievements of medieval Europe.
- Siena: With your Local Expert explore the cobbles streets of Siena, making your way to the black-and-white striped marble cathedral.
- San Gimignano: Explore the stunning hilltop town with your Travel Director. Navigate the winding streets, hunting out the towers and palaces for which it is so famous.
- Florence: Explore the city and its landmarks with your Local Expert - see the domed cathedral, it's adjacent baptistery with its Gates of Paradise, and the open-air gallery of Piazza della Signoria.
- Venice: To the tune of accompanying musicians, you will be serenaded through the atmospheric canals by gondola, past water-lapped doorways and Rococo palaces.